The following is an excerpt from a session at ASIC's 2016 Annual Forum on robo-advice. The session covers:
- How does robo-advice sit alongside traditional financial advice?
- Where does robo-advice cause the most disruption?
- How does the current regulatory framework apply to robo-advice?
- What are the issues that are unique to robo-advice?
- The podcast also discusses ASIC's Consultation Paper 254 Regulating digital financial advice (CP 254) and draft Regulatory Guide 000 Providing digital financial product advice to retail clients.
Speakers include ASIC's Joanna Bird and Louise Macaulay, Senior Executive Leaders of the Financial Advisers team as well as a panel discussion from:
Greg Miller, Executive General Manager, Wealth Advice, NAB
Chris Brycki, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Stockspot
Kate Jackson-Maynes, Partner, King & Wood Mallesons
Dr June Smith, Lead Ombudsman, Investment and Advice, Financial Ombudsman Service Australia